Stepping Outside Your Comfort Zone with Andy Molinsky
On this episode of the show, I speak with Andy Molinksy. Andy is a professor of International Management and Organizational Behavior at Brandeis University, an author of two business books - Global Dexterity and Reach and a columnist at HBR, Psychology Today, and Inc.com. He lectures, teaches, and consults on helping people step outside their personal, professional, and cultural comfort zones.
Here are some of the things we discussed during this somewhat-longer-than-usual episode:
- How Andy helps people get past the mindset shift it takes to reach beyond their comfort zone.
- The pain points that keep us in our comfort zone, preventing us from stepping outside of it (and what ones are what Andy calls “The Big Three”).
- What Andy learned during a “ride along” that has helped him with his work.
- You’ll find out if (and how far) Andy went outside of his comfort zone when writing Reach.
- What the 3 Cs approach is and how it helps you reach outside of your comfort zone
- How both of us use avatars and triggers to help us do things that are uncomfortable...or things that we may feel as if we're not ready to challenge.
- Reach: A New Strategy to Help You Step Outside Your Comfort Zone, Rise to the Challenge and Build Confidence
- Why You Need a Clarity Day
- Boost Your Productivity with Themes
- Couch to 5k
- Andy Molinksy’s Website
Thanks for listening...and keep moving things forward!