Overcoming Overwhelm with Dr. Samantha Brody
On this episode of the podcast, I'm joined by Dr. Samantha Brody. Dr. Samantha is a licensed naturopathic physician and acupuncturist, and the founder of Evergreen Natural Health Center in Portland, Oregon. For decades in her private practice and virtual consulting business Dr. Samantha has helped thousands of people transform their lives with her innovative, personalized approach. She is the author of Overcoming Overwhelm: Dismantle Your Stress from the Inside Out.
Join me at my first-ever live event on Saturday February 29th! I'm holding a BIG event in Vancouver, BC, Canada on the extra day we have in 2020 to help you craft your time bigger and better moving forward. This event will feature actionable workshops, special guests, and a chance for you to spend intentional time and attention with others who want to stop "doing" productive and start being productive. It's going to be a lot of fun... and I hope you'll join us! Visit productivtiyist.com/ready to learn more. Early bird tickets are going on sale soon so visit that link to be one of the first to grab your tickets when they are released!
This episode is brought to you by my new online course, 30 Days of TimeCrafting. In this program you'll learn all of the basics of the productivity methods I use in my TimeCrafting process that help me define my day, filter my focus, and make every moment matter... for just $5. To learn more about this program, visit productivityist.com/fivedollars.
I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Samantha when we both spoke at Marc and Angel Chernoff's event Think Better, Live Better. After seeing her speak, I found that there was plenty of alignment with our work and asked her to come on the show. During this conversation we talk about her book, what she means by overwhelm, the steps she believes can help you overcome overwhelm, and the idea of resolutions. There is a lot that we cover in our discussion and I'm pleased to be able to finally bring it to you after many months of trying to make it happen. Enjoy!
- This is how Dr. Samantha looks at overwhelm (3:29)
- Does Dr. Samantha believe in New Year's Resolutions? (6:06)
- We start to dig into the steps Dr. Samantha reveals in her book (6:48)
- This the first step (7:42)
- Dr. Samantha shares her current values... along with the second step (9:28)
- How can someone stay on target with their values and the other elements Dr. Samantha shares in her work? (15:55)
- The third step is revealed...(18:30)
- I share a fitting story with Dr. Samantha about an obstacle that turned out to be a source of overwhelm (21:40)
- Dr. Samantha offers feedback after hearing the story of my stressor (23:36)
- What is "beauty way?"(25:35)
- Does Dr. Samantha journal? Does she believe the practice is helpful? (27:52)
- If someone was to start using what's found in Dr. Samantha's book, what's the simplest first step to take? (29:45)
"Life throws curveballs at you. That's just... life." - Dr. Samantha Brody
- Think Better, Live Better
- Overcoming Overwhelm
- Episode 177: The Four Tendencies with Gretchen Rubin
- Pocket Biases
- Two Weeks Notice: My First 20 Hours with The Bullet Journal Method
- TAKE: The Values Exercise
- @drsamantha on Twitter
- @drsamantha on Instagram
- The Productivityist Podcast Pick of The Week: Life Skills That Matter
If you enjoyed the episode, please leave a rating and/or review wherever you listened to the episode. And if you want to have easy access to the archives of the show and ensure you don't miss the new episodes to come then subscribe to the podcast in the app you're using – or you can do so on a variety of podcast platforms by clicking here.