Keeping Productive with Francesco D'Alessio
This week on the program I'm joined by a guest I've been looking to chat with for a long time. Francesco D'Alessio runs Keep Productive, a YouTube show dedicated to helping people find the most suitable productivity software for their work and life needs. From helping decision making to curbing switching, Keep Productive is passionate about helping you make long-term decisions about your software.
This episode is brought to you by TextExpander. With TextExpander, you can unlock your productivity with its many features. With TextExpander you can make everything you write repetitively available everywhere you type: text documents, spreadsheets, web forms, and more. Unlock your productivity with TextExpander. Visit TextExpander.com/podcast for 20% off your first year.
I'm hosting an event on Saturday February 29th, 2020 – the extra day that we get in a leap year – and I'd love for you to join me and a bevy of stellar speakers and great guests. It's called The BIG Ready and I'm holding this event in the first city I lived in when I moved to the west coast, Vancouver, BC! Early bird and BIG Ticket VIP tickets are now on sale, so visit TheBIGReady.com to get more details and grab your tickets!
I remember the days of keeping up with all the latest and greatest productivity news and app updates. There came a time when I decided that wasn't going to be in my long-term plans, so I moved away from that kind of content (for the most part). Francesco, however, is another story. He loves doing exactly that: sharing all the productivity news and app-related content as possible, as evidenced by his extremely popular YouTube channel. During our discussion we get into why he enjoys producing content around apps and productivity news, how he maps out his content plan, and so much more.
- Francesco shares his "productivity origin" story (3:45)
- This is what Francesco looks for in an app that he showcases on his YouTube channel (6:26)
- What does Francesco define as productivity news? How does he decide what to share? (9:27)
- These are the tools that Francesco actually uses (11:56)
- We talk about the way forward with transitioning between apps that avoid friction and promote flow (17:47)
- This is what Francesco has used in the past and he shares why he moved away from them (20:30)
- What about paper? (22:54)
- We discuss Francesco's content workflow (25:49)
- How does Francesco deal with content that can become dated? (31:22)
- Francesco shares THE productivity app that you should keep your eye on (32:34)
"Tools are going to change you marginally... but it's really the approach and the methodology that matter." - Francesco D'Alessio
- Keep Productive on YouTube
- Notion Made Simple
- Notion Office Hours with Mike Vardy
- Thomas Frank's Notion Video
- Matt Ragland on YouTube
- Beyond The To Do List #290 - Distractions: Nir Eyal on Becoming Indestractable
- The Productivityist Podcast #266: Becoming Indistractable with Nir Eyal
- Francesco on Twitter
- The Productivityist Podcast Pick of The Week: The Freenoter
If you enjoyed the episode, please leave a rating and/or review wherever you listened to the episode. And if you want to have easy access to the archives of the show and ensure you don't miss the new episodes to come then subscribe to the podcast in the app you're using – or you can do so on a variety of podcast platforms by clicking here.