Doing Project 333 with Courtney Carver
I'm excited that my friend Courtney Carver returns for this episode of the program. We focus our conversation around her book Project 333: The Minimalist Fashion Challenge That Proves Less Really is So Much More, which is a project I've undertaken and am still committed to several years later!
This episode is brought to you by TextExpander. With TextExpander, you can unlock your productivity with its many features. With TextExpander you can make everything you write repetitively available everywhere you type: text documents, spreadsheets, web forms, and more. Unlock your productivity with TextExpander. Visit TextExpander.com/podcast for 20% off your first year.
This episode is brought to you by SaneBox. SaneBox is the easiest way to automatically organize your inbox and keep it that way forever. SaneBox sorts your emails for you, keeping unimportant email out of your inbox, so you can focus on what matters. See how SaneBox can help you reclaim your time and attention with a free trial. Visit sanebox.com/timecrafting today to start your free trial and get a $25 credit.
This episode is brought to you by the University of California Irvine Division of Continuing Education. Established in 1962, UCI offers education for adult learners in Orange County. But thanks to technology, their courses and certification programs in various fields are now available worldwide and online for just about anyone who's interested. You can get 15% off of one (1) course by visiting http://ce.uci.edu/productivityist then enter the promo code timecrafting. Make sure you take advantage of this limited time offer as it is only valid until July 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm. (Please note that this discount is for almost all of the certificate programs. The exceptions only include coding boot camps, international programs, teacher credentialing programs, and test prep courses.)
Courtney is always a delight to chat with and this episode is no exception. We delve into the core elements of Project 333, some of the things that can hold people back from taking on this challenge, how the challenge affects more than just what's taking up space in your closet, and more.
- What is Project 333? (1:14)
- While it appears geared towards women, is this something men can do as well? (3:02)
- These are some of the benefits that Project 333 offers beyond having just a clean closet (3:39)
- Courtney talks about decision fatigue (4:28)
- What are some of the ways you can "hack" Project 333, if any? (6:05)
- Courtney shares an unexpected Project 333 success story (7:42)
- What do you do when you've added something new and have gone above the limit? (11:16)
- We discuss how receiving gifts plays a role in this project (20:15)
- How can someone keep the momentum of Project 333 going? (23:14)
- What factors does the weather play in Project 333? (26:08)
- Courtney discusses what to do when you're sentimental about certain clothing items (27:54)
- These are some tips that Courtney uses to help someone break through the bias that they can't do Project 333 (31:18)
"We're spending our resources, our time, attention, and energy on things that we don't care about." - Courtney Carver
- Be More With Less
- The Productivityist Podcast #91: The More of Less with Joshua Becker
- Weed Out the Clothes You Don't Wear with a Simple Hanger Trick
- Everything You Need to Know About Project 333
- Check out Courtney's Instagram!
- The Productivityist Podcast Pick of the Week: Naval
If you enjoyed the episode, please leave a rating and/or review wherever you listened to the episode. And if you want to have easy access to the archives of the show and ensure you don't miss the new episodes to come then subscribe to the podcast in the app you're using – or you can do so on a variety of podcast platforms by clicking here.