Creative Menopause with Chase Reeves [Recorded LIVE at The BIG Ready]
On this very special episode of the podcast I'm joined by Chase Reeves in front of a live audience at the event I hosted on February 29, 2020... The BIG Ready. Chase co-founded Fizzle.co — the first education platform designed for modern indie entrepreneurship — as well as the Chase Reeves YouTube channel, where he makes 60 minute reviews of backpacks that somehow people love watching.
This episode is brought to you by TextExpander. With TextExpander, you can unlock your productivity with its many features. With TextExpander you can make everything you write repetitively available everywhere you type: text documents, spreadsheets, web forms, and more. Unlock your productivity with TextExpander. Visit TextExpander.com/podcast for 20% off your first year.
This episode is brought to you by the University of California Irvine Division of Continuing Education. Established in 1962, UCI offers education for adult learners in Orange County. But thanks to technology, their courses and certification programs in various fields are now available worldwide and online for just about anyone who's interested. You can get 15% off of one (1) course by visiting http://ce.uci.edu/productivityist then enter the promo code timecrafting. Make sure you take advantage of this limited time offer as it is only valid until July 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm. (Please note that this discount is for almost all of the certificate programs. The exceptions only include coding boot camps, international programs, teacher credentialing programs, and test prep courses.)
When I asked Chase to join us at The BIG Ready I knew that having him record a live edition of this podcast was the way I wanted him to present. Chase has a natural gregariousness that simply fit this model, especially in front of a live studio audience (of sorts).
We talked about productivity, his journey from Fizzle to creating a YouTube channel where he shares his insights and ideas on bags of all shapes and sizes, creativity, and much more. It's an engaging, entertaining, and endearing conversation that I'm certain you'll get a kick out of. You may even learn a thing or two!
- Why did you choose the word Fizzle for your business? (2:37)
- Chase talks about if he taps into or uses willpower at all in his life and work (6:58)
- What was so promising to Chase about switching to do YouTube and bag reviews? (12:58)
- How important is sitting with questions for Chase? (16:00)
- Chase touches on letting go of things and how that can lead to moving on and making new things (26:13)
- This is what the word BIG means to Chase (31:19)
- How important is patience when it comes to work and knowing when to stop? (37:48)
"We're constantly stepping in without certainty." - Chase Reeves
- Corbett Barr
- The Fizzle Show #338: The Best Productivity Routines with Mike Vardy and Chase Reeves
- The Productivityist Podcast #164: Faster Than Normal with Peter Shankman
- The Diagram of Success
- Twyla Tharp
- Alan Watts
- The Productivityist Podcast #54: Voice Lessons with Todd Henry
- Seth Godin
- Chase's YouTube Channel
- The Productivityist Podcast Pick of the Week: The Knowledge Project
Want to discover some of the books mentioned in this episode on Scribd, my reading app of choice? Click here.
Podcast Theme Song: Nothing at All by Fictions (courtesy of Epidemic Sound)
If you enjoyed the episode, please leave a rating and/or review wherever you listened to the episode. And if you want to have easy access to the archives of the show and ensure you don't miss the new episodes to come then subscribe to the podcast in the app you're using – or you can do so on a variety of podcast platforms by clicking here.