You and The Internet of Things with Vicki McLeod
Vicki McLeod joins me on this episode of the program. Vicki McLeod is a writer, author, coach, consultant and an award-winning entrepreneur. She is an advocate for mindful business, everyday happiness and living a life rich with meaning. She's here to talk about her book "You and The Internet of Things."
This episode is sponsored by Bambee. When running a business, Human Resources issues can kill you. There's so much to wrap your head around and hiring an HR Manager is going to cost you - they command an average of seventy-thousand dollars a year! That's where Bambee comes in. Created specifically for small business, Bambee provides you with a dedicated HR Manager that can craft your HR policy, and maintain your compliance, all for just one low monthly fee. You don't need to deal with HR issues - let Bambee do that for you. Go to bambee.com/timecrafting now to schedule your FREE HR audit. You'll be glad you did.
This episode is sponsored by Setapp, a subscription for Mac apps. Setapp packs over 180 high-quality apps into one. There’s an app for almost any task, so you can stay in your flow and finish what you started. Setapp has a dedicated curation team that only selects the highest quality apps. New apps are always being added to Setapp, updates are free and all the apps are full-featured pro versions. And you don’t have to spend time on app discovery and testing. Setapp makes it easy to get the best tools when you need them - they’re already in Setapp. Listeners of The Productivityist Podcast can check out Setapp for free for 7 days. Just visit Setapp.com and give it a try today!
I've been friends with Vick for years and wanted to have her share with you some of the concepts around IoT (The Internet of Things), how IoT can work for you, the importance of getting comfortable with technology, and more. I hope you learn a lot from this discussion... I know I did!
- What is The Internet of Things? (0:45)
- Where did Vicki start with buying smart items... and where would she suggest others start? (7:46)
- How far does Vicki believe is too far when introducing yourself to The Internet of Things and how can you reign it in if you feel like you're starting to lose control? (14:48)
- How important is it for people to get used to technology being everywhere? (24:11)
- Is a fitness tracker a good way to ease into using smart technology? (27:22)
"You need learn how to use it and to develop at least some rudimentary degree of comfort with it." - Vicki McLeod
- You and the Internet of Things: A Practical Guide to Understanding and Integrating the IoT into Your Daily Life
- Hey Alexa, Subscribe to That Podcast: You and the Internet of Things
Want to discover some of the books mentioned in this episode on Scribd, my reading app of choice? Click here.
Podcast Theme Song: Nothing at All by Fictions (courtesy of Epidemic Sound)
If you enjoyed the episode, please leave a rating and/or review wherever you listened to the episode. And if you want to have easy access to the archives of the show and ensure you don't miss the new episodes to come then subscribe to the podcast in the app you're using – or you can do so on a variety of podcast platforms by clicking here.