Working Deeply with Cristina Roman
Deep work can easily feel overwhelming, so we put it off. In this episode we dissect how you can make it meaningful to you, and apply it to any area of your life.
We’re only human – we can’t achieve everything on one single day. Instead, it takes steady increments that lead us to the desired results. Today’s guest Cristina Roman has taught her clients this very philosophy. She’s a Certified Life Coach, deep work extraordinaire, and coaches clients on overcoming procrastination.
This episode is sponsored by Fundrise. Fundrise is an investing platform that makes investing in high-quality, high-potential real estate as easy as investing in your favourite stock or mutual fund. Whether you’re looking to add stable cash flow via dividends or prefer long-term growth through appreciation, Fundrise has you covered. Fundrise’s team of real estate professionals carefully vets and actively manages all of their real estate projects. And with their easy-to-use website you can track your portfolio’s performance and watch as properties across the country are acquired, improved, and operated via asset updates. Want to get started? All you need to is visit fundrise.com/timecrafting to do that… and when you do you’ll have your first NINETY days of advisory fees waived. Start building your better portfolio with Fundrise today!
This episode is sponsored by LinkedIn Jobs. When your business is ready to make that next hire, LinkedIn Jobs can help by matching your role with qualified candidates so that you can find the right person quickly. You can pay what you want and get the first $50 off. Just visit linkedin.com/timecrafting to get fifty dollars off your first job post. Terms and conditions apply.
By small actions, and focusing on results, we get deep into the good stuff, and less of the procrastinating tasks. Tune in as we unpick her favourite books, second order thinking, and why ‘prudence’ is my word.
- Getting into a deep work state within 15 minutes (2:29)
- Stand out learning from Cal Newport’s book ‘Deep Work’ (5:47)
- Overcome deep work overwhelm (9:03)
- Apply deep work to your personal life (17:46)
- Deep work for group tasks (19:36)
- Using evidence to beat procrastination (26:09)
- How our language impacts our beliefs and behaviours (28:20)
- How much procrastination can you “afford”? (32:48)
- The fear of making the “right or wrong” decision (37:07)
- Actionable steps to move away from procrastination (38:40)
"Slow down to speed up." - Cristina Roman
- Deep Work | Amazon
- The Life Coach School
- Atomic Habits | Amazon
- Episode 227: Why You Need Atomic Habits with James Clear
- Episode 266: Becoming Indistractable with Nir Eyal
- Second-Order Thinking: What Smart People Use to Outperform
- Ziva Meditation
- Muse Meditation
- Stress Less, Accomplish More | Amazon
Want to discover some of the books mentioned on the podcast? Check out Scribd, my reading app of choice.
Podcast Theme Song: Nothing at All by Fictions (courtesy of Epidemic Sound)
If you enjoyed the episode, please leave a rating and/or review wherever you listened to the episode. And if you want to have easy access to the archives of the show and ensure you don't miss the new episodes to come then subscribe to the podcast in the app you're using – or you can do so on a variety of podcast platforms by clicking here.